Thursday, April 12, 2007

no no no no no no no no(etc.)

Does anyone else have this running through their heads? I had to put on some music after watching this vlog, because I could not get the cacophony out of my head!

Did anyone else find the epileptic screen seizures distracting? There were some screens where I couldn't read the text before the image came to eat itself, and then I would try to find where I was.

One thing I did gain from that experience was the reason why I hate poetry. I have the hardest time figuring out what in the world poets are trying to tell me. Kearns said that poetry focuses more on form than correlation. I don't get the correlation.

For example, I would have never gotten any/all of what Robert Kearns was trying to say with the first poem. I had no idea where to begin, because I did not see any correlation between the text and g(G)od. I understand from the text that Kearns wants people to figure things out on their own, and that he is busy answering his own questions, but I am not one who is pre-disposed to seeking the meaning of poems. I learn through a different medium.

John

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That really made me feel sick. I only watched about 10 seconds of it before I had to close it. Horrible, absolutely horrible.