Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I thought we were all supposed to pick an article that we liked and write on it in here... but I seem to be the only onw (so far). I guess I'll get started any way.

Writing 4 Cyberformance

I thought this was interesting, yet so boring all at the same time. The way this is set up is different from everything else we have read and I like that. Different formats are always interesting to me.
It was very boring though. It seems to me that most online conversations that are worth reading have some funny, interesting, or entertaining subject matter, but this one just seemed to drag on and talk about nothing.
It had a few good points, like the mis-communication on the internet that takes place when we can't hear voices or see body language. I also liked the part about how lol has so many meanings, because it does.
Other than that though, I'm not sure if I got anything else out of it. I think they could have easily made this more interesting than it was.
I was also confused from time to time when names were cut off and I didn't know who was talking, or the various squares in the middle or words (hopefully that isn't just my computer)
But, like I said, I think the most important part of this article is the mis-communication. It is something to think about since it is such a set back.

Jessica

No comments: