Tuesday, February 27, 2007

One more rant! This is hearkening back to a previous discussion of making websites that are useful and actually work.

So my fiancee and I were looking at reviews of the (awful) movie The Number 23 with Jim Carrey, which took us to a wiki article on the 23 enigma. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_%28numerology%29 (if any of you have extra time and are a tad bored). The article stated that it takes 23 seconds for blood to circulate through the human body and my lady, being the scientist, said she thought that was incorrect. So I quickly tried to search it. I came across several websites which had no useful information, and this was one of them. Notice how the site poses the question, but gives no distinctive link to the answer. And furthermore, when you click on the only seemingly pertinent link, it takes you....tada!....nowhere. This is a how-to for the worst of the web. And, by the way, I never was able to find out how long it takes for blood to circulate. And, because there are people making useless websites such as this, I was all the more annoyed when we left for the movie which in and of itself, was somewhat useless and annoying. So much for trying to take a quick break from the semester! Here it is:

http://www.writer-tech.com/sre/body/circulatory.htm

No comments: